The country of origin does not allow us to assume the language someone uses. We need to drill deeper to find out. More here
Find info on instructional needs here
Find more information, resources, and links (excerpt) in the attached document above
The WIDA Screener is an English language proficiency assessment given to incoming students in Grades 1-12 to assist educators with the identification of students as English language learners. WIDA offers the following resources to help educators prepare for back-to-school screener assessments.
- • State Identification and Placement Guidance
- • Let’s Get Going: WIDA Screener Online
- • Technology Readiness Checklist
- • Let’s Get Going: WIDA Screener Paper
- • WIDA Screener Paper Score Calculator
- • WIDA Store
There are also two recorded webinars to give you a jump start.
- • WIDA Screener Online Recorded Webinar
- • WIDA Screener Paper Recorded Webinar
Interesting info here
It’s not as easy to answer as recent publications suggested. More here
Are you or your colleagues struggling with the involvement of English learners? Find some ideas here on how to be more effective.
Useful tools for schools at https://eclkc.ohs.acf.hhs.gov/culture-language/article/dual-language-learners-toolkit