17 incredibly useful Google products and services you didn’t know existed: awesome for international languages27/12/2016
I LOVE Google tools, as you all know. But I did not know some of the ones listed below. They are amazing, especially for international folks! Sorry, gotta go and load some extensions and apps…
Find at: http://www.businessinsider.com/google-products-youve-never-heard-of?r=US&IR=T&IR=T/#if-you-have-trouble-deciding-between-causes-to-donate-to-or-have-trouble-finding-a-reputable-charity-googles-one-today-app-makes-it-easy-the-app-shows-different-charities-gives-a-short-description-and-lets-you-know-how-you-can-help-18
- There’s a “Manual” feature in Google Translate that lets you draw characters or symbols.
- Similarly, Google Input Tools lets you type in over 80 different languages without having to download a special keyboard.
- Intimidated by huge numbers? Google will help you figure out how to pronounce that 12-string behemoth if you type “=english” after it.
- Google has a catalog of animal noises that you can easily find by typing in “animal sounds” or by typing in the name of a specific animal. Hot tip: Whip this one out while babysitting and it’ll keep kids entertained for a long time.
- Google Books nGram Viewer is a fun tool that lets you…
View original post 274 more words
Great for English Lessons
Find resources in “12 Tools and Apps for Creating Digital Storybooks” at http://americantesol.com/blogger/digitalbookcreatorsapps/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook
Storybook Creation Websites
- Little Bird Tales – features include drawing online, adding a voice narration, and adding images to accompany written stories.
- Storybird– create stories and choose artwork from artists to create a digital book.
- Toondoo– choose characters and backgrounds to visualize stories.
- Picture Book Maker– create a children’s picture book by choosing characters and props and creating the text. You have to register with an email address to use this free web tool.
- BoomWriter– have your class create a collaborative story. Features include peer editing and chapter voting.
- Zooburst– 3D pop up story creator with cute characters or students can upload their own images.
- Story Jumper– similar to ToonDoo’s layout where students choose characters and backgrounds to visualize their stories.
- My Story Book– create a digital story with characters, images, and…
View original post 104 more words
All of us multilinguals can attest to the influence of L1 on writing in L2 or L3… Read more here at http://exclusive.multibriefs.com/content/ell-writing-skills-the-influence-of-l1-culture/education